Are the Samtec Grants limited to a specific geographic area?
Grants will be focused upon organizations where the majority of those serve and reside in Floyd, Clark, Harrison, Scott, or Jefferson (KY) counties, or who benefit the residents of the regions where Samtec has a physical location.
What are the Grant Cycles?
Grants will be awarded in one annual grant cycle.
Is there a limit to the grant amount?
Grants will not exceed $50,000 and multi-year grants will not be accepted. Exceptions may be considered at the discretion of the committee.
Do I have to be a non-profit?
Grant applicants must qualify and be in good standing as exempt organizations under the Internal Revenue Service 501(c)(3) or qualify as governmental or educational entities or possess similar attributes. The Committee verifies each organization’s status through the IRS Charitable Organization listing found on IRS.gov.
Can I apply more than once?
A qualified organization may submit only one grant application per each annual grant cycle, and the chief executive of the organization must sign the submitted grant application form.
Once awarded a grant, an organization cannot reapply for a subsequent grant for 24 months. The 24 month waiting period is effective for recipients of grants awarded in our Summer 2020 grant cycle and all grant cycles going forward.
Does Samtec grant to Schools?
Organizations that are proposing programs for public or private schools are required to have documentation of support from the school or the school system. (Example: Letter from superintendent if the project includes all schools or from the principal if it involves a single school.)
- Funding requests for items such as uniforms, sports equipment, etc are not eligible through Samtec Cares and should be sent to our Sponsorships Group at email@example.com.
- Computer equipment and/or programming requests will be reviewed and accepted at the discretion of the committee.
- Samtec Cares does not provide funding for tuition assistance.
Can I apply for matching funds?
Grant applications that include the participation of other contributors by using challenge, matching or similar grant techniques are encouraged. Payment of matching grants will be made only after the required matching funds are obtained by the grantee organization and verified in writing to the Committee.
I’m interested in having my event or team sponsored – Do I need to apply for a grant?
The following types of funding requests do not require a grant application and can be submitted at any time directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- School or organizational trips
- Any type of run, walk, dance-a-thons, golf scramble, gala, auction, or similar fundraising event
- Endowment funds
What exclusions are applicable?
Samtec will not fund the following types of requests, regardless of the size of such request:
- Fundraising expenses
- Direct or indirect, administrative/operating expenses including salaries and/or recruiting fees (example of an indirect expense would be a % to another organization who is a fiscal agent)
- Projects that can/should be funded by public tax revenues
- Any attempt to influence legislation or to intervene in any political campaigns (including the publishing or distribution of statements) on behalf of any candidate for public office.
My grant request does not align with Samtec’s areas of focus. Should I still apply?
Notes: The Committee reserves the right to make exceptions to these published guidelines and policies.